Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Published (or My Sad Lack of Patience!)

Those of you who follow my Facebook page now know that My Deliberate Mistake is live on Amazon.

"But Claire," I hear you say. "You said April 1st. I wasn't prepared. I still have to collect at least a hundred cans so I can buy your book."

I pat you on the head (because for some reason I imagine you are really small).

"It's okay," I say. "It's not going anywhere. You have time to pick up cans, have a yard sale, sell a kidney. You do whatever you need to do."

So here is the low down. Yesterday I ordered my proof from the printer but it's not scheduled to be here until April 2nd. As long as everything looks awesome and there are no blank pages in the middle of chapters, upside down text or alien looking language, then I'll approve it to go live. But that could take a few more days. Of course now I feel guilty. I told people April 1st. I'm a liar. A fraud. A charlatan. Really I'm none of those things and no one uses the word charlatan anymore but I like it. So while I'm sitting there thinking about being a charlatan, my mind wanders over to the mobi file on my computer. The pretty, shiny digital file my formatter sent me at least a week ago. It's ready to go. I could upload it right now. So I do.

In my defense, I had no idea how long it would actually take to go live. It only took twelve hours. So now you can buy the ebook version early because the paperback will be late and this way I no longer feel like a charlatan (yes, I'm just going to keep on using it!).

There is a link to amazon in the tabs at the top of the page or you can click here:

Buy My Deliberate Mistake

If you don't have a kindle you can download the kindle app for your iPad or iPhone  You can also download the kindle reader on your computer. Or just wait for the paperback. I'll leave it up to you!

Stay tuned for my next post in which I'll talk about my first sale and how weird it is because I never even told anyone I put the book up!

No comments:

Post a Comment